Tuesday, December 13, 2016

I Won an Award

Got your attention, huh? The award I won is called: Worst Blogger Ever. They gave me a medallion covered in laziness and excuses. It's been OVER a year since I last posted and now I'm faced with the daunting and overwhelming task of updating everyone on what has happened in the past year and a half! Here are the big things:

1. We welcomed Crosby Cole on September 10th of 2015. That makes him s 15 months now ;) He has been an incredible joy and blessing; I'm not sure an easier, happier baby has ever existed. Here are a few milestones: first smile was at six weeks old, first word was Daddy, he started walking at 14 months, and he has ALL of his baby teeth (minus his molars). We like him.

2) Gwen started kindergarten and dance! She is thriving at school, and is currently reading at about a first grade level and we are so proud of the progress she has made. She loves to learn and loves her teacher. We are incredibly lucky to be in such an excellent school. We weren't sure how Gwen would do at dance, but we are so glad we enrolled her. She is learning a lot and says that Mondays (dance nights) are her favorite days. She is taking tap and ballet and is going to be a Peacock in Aslan's Army in their recital in June. Gwen loves to play school at home and often pretends to be "Mrs. Philips." She also loves playing with all of our neighbor friends, which has been a wonderful addition to life, especially this summer when we had a lot more free time. Crosby remains her favorite playmate, however, as she always wants to play with him and love on him. Oh! She also lost her FIRST tooth on Friday. She was thrilled and was especially excited to get a letter from the tooth fairy (thanks Grandma Joni!) :)

I continue to work as a high school English teacher, and Corey is in his tenth year as GIS Coordinator for the City of Clive. Corey is riding his bike avidly and competing whenever he gets the chance! I'm teaching senior English and AP Language and Composition, and love my job.

We are incredibly blessed.

I'll try to update more often, but I can't have anyone stealing my award, so keep your expectations low.

No comments:

Post a Comment